Please sign in to comment.
finagle|util: Verbosity levels for StatsReceivers
Summary: This change introduces the concept of verbosity levels (go/verbose-metrics) for `StatsReceiver`s. Each metric created via a stats receiver has a `Verbosity` level attached to it. Distinguishing verbosity levels for metrics is optional and is up to a concrete implementation. Doing this, however, helps to separate `Verbosity.Debug` metrics (only helpful in troubleshooting) from their operationally required counterparts (provide a corresponding degree of visibility into a healthy process) thus potentially reducing the observability cost. JIRA Issues: CSL-4564 TBR=true Differential Revision: https://phabricator.twitter.biz/D70112
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 41 additions and 32 deletions.
- +16 −11 finagle-core/src/main/scala/com/twitter/finagle/stats/JavaLoggerStatsReceiver.scala
- +9 −7 finagle-core/src/main/scala/com/twitter/finagle/stats/SummarizingStatsReceiver.scala
- +5 −3 finagle-core/src/test/scala/com/twitter/finagle/loadbalancer/TrafficDistributorTest.scala
- +6 −6 finagle-http/src/test/scala/com/twitter/finagle/http/filter/StatsFilterTest.scala
- +5 −5 finagle-stats/src/main/scala/com/twitter/finagle/stats/MetricsStatsReceiver.scala