A simple and easy to use electron based application to help you remind about prayer times.
"And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive" (2:45 - Quran)
- Tries to predict prayer timings for your location on first launch, you can change timings.
- Dynamic notification / reminding Rules which you can setup.
- Rules can trigger "notification", show "popup dialog" or execute an "external program or a command".
- Set to execute a rule "x" minutes before prayer time.
- Can remind you about upcoming prayers and their times.
- Increases productivity by making you aware and reminding you to take a break and pray :)
Go to Releases to download a ready to use packaged version of this app for your OS / Platform.
You will need NodeJS to build / run this app. Clone this repository and than install project dependencies.
git clone email@example.com:usamaejaz/prayertimes-desktop.git cd prayertimes-desktop npm install
Now you are ready to run it!
Make sure you don't enable auto start while development mode (when using
npm start) as it may add electron binary to the auto start which is not what was required. However, it will work good for the "packaged" version.
Packaging / Redistributing
To package this app (for distribution)
npm run pack
Note that the above command will package the app for Windows and Linux (32 & 64 bit)
To generate installer
To generate installer for this app.
npm run dist
This will create installer for Windows and Linux (32 & 64 bit)
Contributions are welcomed :)