A chess game built with Eclipse RCP.
Check out this YouTube playlist to see how this app has been built step by step.
- Double-click on a piece you control. This highlights the squares that the piece is allowed to move.
- Left-click one of the highlighted squares to move the selected piece. Now it's the AI's turn.
- Wait until the AI makes a move for a few seconds.
- Makes its moves according to the alpha-beta pruning algorithm reinforced with iterative deepening.
- Has a fixed amount of time to make a move each turn.
- Starts with a search depth of 5. Constantly increments the depth and restarts the search as long as there is time remaining.
- Remembers the best move it found on the previous search. If time runs out during the current search, makes that move immediately.