Videogular 2.0 is under active development and will be available with Angular 2. Videogular 2.0 will follow the same philosophy and we're open to discuss any possibilities. If you want to contribute you can open a new issue with your suggestions or clone the repository to make pull requests.
You can find a demo here: https://videogular.github.io/videogular2-showroom/#/
And this is the development repository: https://github.com/videogular/videogular2
Videogular is an HTML5 video player for AngularJS. Videogular is a wrapper over the HTML5 video tag, so you just could add whatever you want. This provides a very powerful, but simple to use solution, for everybody.
You could see a demo here: www.videogular.com
We're developing Videogular focusing on mobile devices and HTML5 video special capabilities. Videogular brings to you these key features:
- Bindable properties: Videogular's directives are bindable, just try the demo and play with bindings.
- Extendable through plugins: Thanks to our API you can develop your own plugins.
- Theme based: Customize it with your own themes and change between them on the fly.
- Native fullscreen support: Enjoy with native fullscreen support for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, iOS and Chrome for Android.
- Mobile support: Videogular can detect mobile devices to show/hide components in case that aren't supported. Also, you could use it in your responsive websites, Videogular will always scale to fit its container.
Documentation and how to install
For more info you can check the full Videogular API documentation.
Running and building
To run the project and create the minified and debug files just run
This will run the tests and if everything works as expected it would create a
build folder on root.
If you have developed a Videogular's plugin or theme contact us through this form and we will add you to this list.
- Youtube plugin by NamPNQ
- Quiz plugin by NamPNQ
- Flash fallback plugin by NamPNQ
- Background video plugin by panurge-ws
- Videogular subtitle plugin (for Videogular 0.4.0) by farhan-repo
- Videogular Cuepoints plugin by HarryCutts (not to be confused with the later Cue Points feature)
Migrate to 1.0 from an older version of Videogular
All attributes for the various directives (including plugins) are still being maintained as usual, however, the naming of several have changed significantly to conform to an improved coding style. Here is a semi-exhaustive list:
- No more
<vg-video>. Ditched in favor of
<vg-media>that supports audio as well.
vg-timedisplay -> vg-time-display vg-scrubBar -> vg-scrub-bar vg-scrubbarcurrenttime -> vg-scrub-bar-current-time vg-timedisplay -> vg-time-display vg-mutebutton -> vg-mute-button vg-volumebar -> vg-volume-bar
vg-poster-image -> vg-poster
For a complete migration guide we recommend you to check the Migration guide to Videogular 1.0.0.
Videogular wants to thank you to this companies for support this project:
Videogular is an open source project maintained by (literally) two fucking developers.
We want to thank all our contributors: Raúl Jiménez, Robert Zhang, Javier Tejero, Marcos González, Rafał Lindemann, Alberto Tafoya, Sergey Okhotnitski, Javier Cejudo, Sam Lau, paxal78, Raymond Klass, Harry Cutts, Chris MacPherson, stefanvonderkrone, Emil Ibatullin, Uzair Sajid, pavelnikolov, Frank3K, EmilioAiolfi, Bernhelm, Morriz, Chris Funk, Johann Beishline, edisonh, Nainterceptor, Max Maes, pire, Davin Kevin, bkuzma, VanVan, Kevin Feinberg, Jonathan Asquier, Centsent, Zane McCaig, Nils Thingvall, Tim Costa, Alex Wilde, jarrodlytle, daviddk , Artem Medvedev , super-ienien , Jared Fox and our bug submitters.
Here you can see the complete changelog