v2 release is all about the new
local messages cache feature
- Caching all the
foldersin the local database (which is stored in
database.binfile under the app settings directory). App syncs the changes into the local database automatically and in a reactive way. So this feature can be treated as a dynamic incremental backup. Attachments ignored.
- Exploring the local database via GUI, including the offline mode: navigating between folders, viewing emails, switching plain/conversation mails view mode, etc.
- Improved unread mail calculating. Before v2, unread notifications for
tutanotaaccounts was enabled only for a single
inboxfolder and only for the latest 50 emails, see details in #30. Enabling
local storeallows getting unread notifications without notable delay and for all the folders since app takes the unread value from the database instead of the periodic server polling.
The beta testing goal is to make sure the above-listed features work stable enough, so feedback is welcomed.
See on the below screenshot how to enable the
local store feature:
Initial database bootstrapping might take a while, depending on the amount of data and account history length (timeout is currently set to 3 minutes).
What makes the local store viewer different from the original Web Client
- Conversation view mode (ref1 / ref2).
- Showing unread mail count on each folder (ref1 / ref2).
- Functional while offline.
What is planned and unread review
under review:Optionally show images in the email body viewer. Currently, all the images are wiped out during mail content viewing, so it works completely offline.
under review:Batch emails selection and export (EML / raw JSON).
under review:Emails search, simple / advanced (full-text).
under review:Attachments saving.