Codelab: The Art of Compose
This is a sample code repository implemented using Kotlin and Jetpack Compose during my live code session at 360Andev Conference. It follows through a simple Gmail Android app's email list screen step-by-step.
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 4 - Jetpack Compose is still in preview and can only be used in Canary versions of Android Studio. You can download the Canary versions from here.
- Jetpack Compose Dev Preview 14 - This codelab uses the Dev Preview 14 of Jetpack Compose. Since the API is rapidly changing during the dev previews, so its possible that this code will not work with other versions of Compose.
Here is a list of additional materials if you want to learn more about Jetpack Compose:
- Jetpack Compose documentation is a great place to start getting familiar with Compose.
- Jetpack Compose tutorial walks through creating a UI with the essential compose components
- Jepack Compose codelab is a more in-depth look at compose. It covers dealing with state as well as how to have flexible layouts.
- Compose release notes provides information about the changes in each release of Compose. This is a great resource since things are changing so quickly.
- Compose UI release notes provides information about the changes made in the compose UI dependencies. Another great resource to look at each time the versions are bumped.
- What's new in Jetpack Compose talk from Android Dev Summit 2019 Is a fun look at the new things available in Compose.
- Understanding Compose is another talk from Android Dev Summit 2019 that I recommend checking out.
👨 Developed By