Prometheus Aggregation Gateway
Prometheus Aggregation Gateway is a aggregating push gateway for Prometheus. As opposed to the official Prometheus Pushgateway, this service aggregates the sample values it receives.
- Counters where all labels match are added up.
- Histograms are added up; if bucket boundaries are mismatched then the result has the union of all buckets and counts are given to the lowest bucket that fits.
- Gauges are also added up (but this may not make any sense)
- Summaries are discarded.
Available on DockerHub
According to https://prometheus.io/docs/practices/pushing/:
The Pushgateway never forgets series pushed to it and will expose them to Prometheus forever...
The latter point is especially relevant when multiple instances of a job differentiate their metrics in the Pushgateway via an instance label or similar.
This restriction makes the Prometheus pushgateway inappropriate for the usecase of accepting metrics from a client-side web app, so we created this one to aggregate counters from multiple senders.
JS Client Library
See https://github.com/weaveworks/promjs/ for a JS client library for Prometheus that can be used from within a web app.
If you have any questions about, feedback for or problems with
- Invite yourself to the Weave Users Slack.
- Ask a question on the #general slack channel.
- File an issue.
Your feedback is always welcome!