Main repository for the WebDSL domain-specific language for web applications.
Install Dependencies (macOS + brew)
brew install wget autoconf automake maven ant nailgun
Build WebDSL compiler
Invoke the following commands from the root of the repository:
./bootstrap ./configure --prefix=/usr/local make make install
You can check the current version of your WebDSL installation:
It will report the hash of the commit from which WebDSL was built.
Note: If you get this error when invoking
Making all in src make: *** No rule to make target `libwebdsl-front.rtree', needed by `src-gen/org/webdsl/webdsl_generator/Main.java'. Stop. make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Clean the temporary files from the repository, e.g.:
git clean -fXd
Then reissue the commands for building WebDSL.
Build and run a WebDSL application
Example application: https://github.com/webdsl/elib-example
- Download latest WebDSL compiler jar: http://webdsl-2015.ewi.tudelft.nl/compiler/webdsl.zip
- Extract the zip file.
- Add the webdsl/bin directory to your path, or use the full path, and run in the project directory:
webdsl run elib-example
- Get an Eclipse with latest WebDSL pluging pre-installed at http://buildfarm.metaborg.org/view/WebDSL/job/webdsl-eclipsegen/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/eclipse/ or use updatesite http://webdsl.org/update to install plugin.
- Import the project into your Eclipse workspace.
- Right-click the project and select 'Convert to a WebDSL Project', click 'Finish' to use default settings.
- Build the project with ctrl+alt+b or cmd+alt+b, this will also deploy and run the application on Tomcat.
- Open the 'Servers' view to manage the Tomcat instance.