Welcome to the EdLab Game Making Club Resource
Welcome to the EdLab Game Club Resource. Many thanks for taking the time to look at our project. We hope this is a useful space and thank you in advance for any contribution you can make.
Currently this resource is to support the EdLab Game Making Club but we hope it will be of wider use so we are inviting other clubs and interested parties to contribute.
In a Nutshell
We want to make Web Games to Change the World. This project aims to be a network of people to support issue-based, computer club activities to make games. Together we will create a hub of resources to help this happen. Our particular focus will be on:
- Creating audio, visual and story assets for video games using free and open tools
- Fun activities inspiring a creative response to local and global issues (especially “writing / coding in-role”)
We will help learners to be choose their own paths, work collaboratively and be inspired to make fun games with positive messages.
Example Web Game in Thimble
We are actively seeking simple 'boilerplate' games in Thimble to add to this list. See below for details on how to contribute.
- Phaser Platform Game Tutorial from Richard and Alvin
- Intentionally Rubbish Phaser Platform for workshops
Getting involved in the Clubs and our Resource
Please join us to support the Game Making Club Process and the Resources we are creating.
Can you help us in one of the following ways to get involved?
- Families, Schools and Youth Clubs: we have two groups of families and young people involved but are looking for more starting January 2017 Please sign up here
- Educational Mentors: you will be a education practitioner who can advice us about how to to run and share our project outcomes or on useful resources. Please sign up here
- Web Coding Mentors: you will be a subject enthusiast from one of the area of activity. You volunteer for either video chats, to give feedback on projects or to answer forum questions. Please sign up here by creating an issue
- In Person / Local Mentors: (our pilot club in in Manchester, UK). Please sign up here by creating an issue
- Game and Resource Creators: to help build a library of remixable HTML5 games and linked resources. Thimble and Phaser.io are our go-to tools. Please sign up here by creating an issue
- Front End Web Designers: to create a simple web presence which can be updated by Club participants as the project progresses. Please sign up here by creating an issue
- Drama Practioners: we are working on drama scenarios to support our club activities. Please sign up here
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for more information
Communication and Publication Channels
Please take time to review our code of conduct aimed at young people, families and other contriubtors.
You can view some of our activity at the following locations: