The first webpack 2 release
No changes here. It's equal to the last RC, but with an updated version number.
Here is a migration guide if you want to migrate from webpack 1 to webpack 2.
Here is a blog post about the release.
Here is the documentation for webpack 2. It's new!
- Reverted breaking change from last version
- In ES module (
exportexists in module):
module.exportsis read-only and undefined
statsare no longer ignored when using the CLI
engineexcludes now correctly node.js 5
export defaultnow inserts the semicolon at the correct position
Node.js dropped support for 0.12, so we do.
- Using CommonJS or AMD export stuff in a ES2015 module will emit errors.
- performance hints are off by default. It was too annoying, but you can still see the
[big]flag by default.
- webpack now exits with non-zero exit code when configuration
- ProvidePlugin supports passing array to access members of a module
- renamed NoErrorsPlugin to NoEmitOnErrorsPlugin, NoErrorsPlugin is still working but is deprecated
- Migrated many internal classes to ES2015
- improved tests, linting and CI
- added testcases for CLI
This is probably the last RC. We released it as final test.
If no critial bugs are discovered, we release 2.2.0 in < 10 days.
- fixes chunk loading in old IEs
- fixes error which prevented using arrow functions in
- fixes bug when passing function to rules.use (44baa7c)
- fixes bug for
- fixes bug with
export *and non-harmony modules (ee3d53c)
- fixes bug when removing assets from the compilation (cb4c209)
- Stats output now disables only 15 modules by default (see new option
- Stats for modules now includes a
depthfor modules which is the distance to the entry point.
--display-depthfor CLI to display the module depth in stats
- Cached modules now correctly reset meta information
- arrow functions in
require.ensurenow work correctly
This is the first RC for webpack 2. We will try to avoid breaking changes now until webpack 3.
- id in generated code of a context module is correctly escaped
- context modules are now affected by NamedModulesPlugin, HashedModuleIdsPlugin, DllPlugin
- performance hints ignore SourceMaps now
- don't include multiple
imports also mark the module as ES2015 module like
- exit the process correctly when watching and a critical error happens
- externals are no longer moved by the commons chunk plugin
- entrypoints are flagged with
[big]if they are over the limit
- improve validation errors
- allow to alias loaders to a value with query
- performance improvements