A FreeSwitch ESL application that exports statistics to DataDog using the dogstatsd api.
Intended to run on a machine that has both the datadog-agent and freeswitch running.
Will automatically capture G729 licensing metrics, if mod_com_g729 is enabled.
To install please run "./setup.sh" from this directory as the root user.
This will copy the init script and create the appropriate directories and files.
You can control the freeswitch metrics application by running "/etc/init.d/fsmetrics start|stop|restart"
- update metrics in readme
- update metrics table formatting in readme
- Separate hangup causes into normal/abnormal
- Better metric names
- Metrics on TDM trunks
- Generate Alerts
- Add a config file
- Alert on SIP gateways
- don't assume the location of eventsocket
- add the following metrics
- Many Sofia Events (Registry?)
- Many Sofia Events
- sofia::gateway_add INFO
- sofia::gateway_delete INFO
- sofia::gateway_state - when a gateway is detected as down or back up SUCCESS | ERROR
event plain CUSTOM sofia::register sofia::expire
You only need a configuration file if:
- FreeSwtich has a custom ESL config
- You're monitoring a remote machine
- You'd like datadog to alarm
- You're running dogstatsd on a custom port
- You're connecting to a remote dogstatsd
If there's no API key present, no alarms will be emitted.
Any values left unpopulated have sensible defaults.
By default, the only normal hangup cause is NORMAL_CLEARING.
--- DataDog: API_KEY: KEY Port: 0 Event_Host_Name: myhostname FreeSwitch: Password: ClueCon Host: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8021 Normal_Hangup_Causes: - NORMAL_CLEARING - NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE - USER_BUSY - NO_ANSWER - NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION
| Stat | Type | Description | | freeswitch.channels | counter | Number of currently active channels | | freeswitch.channels.started | counter | Number of channels that were started | | freeswitch.channels.finished | counter | Number of channels that were hungup | | freeswitch.channels.finished.normally | counter | Number of channels that were hungup normally | | freeswitch.channels.finished.normally.[cause] | counter | Number of channels that were hungup normally for a given cause | | freeswitch.channels.finished.abnormally | counter | Number of channels that were hungup abnormally | | freeswitch.channels.finished.abnormally.[cause] | counter | Number of channels that were hungup abnormally for a given cause|