The public facing site for WiCHacks.
Registration + management site: hackathon_manager
- See CONTRIBUTING.md for details on cloning the repo.
- Download & install Docker
- Open/start Docker
- Once docker is started, build & bring up the website:
docker-compose up --build
- You should now be able to access the website at http://localhost:3000 Windows users: be sure to accept the security pop-ups - they might be hidden! The website will not start until you accept them.
- If you need to restart the Rails server:
docker-compose restart web
- If you need to make changes to the Gemfile:
# 1. Make your changes to Gemfile # 2. Run a `bundle install` to update the Gemfile.lock docker-compose run web bundle install # 3. Update the "web" docker image docker-compose build web # 4. Start the new container. # If `docker-compose up` isn't already running, exclude "-d" docker-compose up -d web
You can follow the same format for
redis, though you shouldn't ever need to restart it.
- If you try to
docker-compose run weband get an error message along the lines of
Could not find foogem-x.y.z in any of the sources, your local bundle is conflicting with Docker or you haven't run
rm -rf .bundle docker-compose up --build # This will rebuild the containers, install new dependencies, and start the website