__ __ ______ __ __ ______ ______ ______ ______ /\ "-./ \ /\ __ \ /\ \ /\ \ /\ ___\ /\ __ \ /\ == \ /\ ___\ \ \ \-./\ \ \ \ __ \ \ \ \ \ \ \____ \ \ \____ \ \ \/\ \ \ \ __< \ \ __\ \ \_\ \ \_\ \ \_\ \_\ \ \_\ \ \_____\ \ \_____\ \ \_____\ \ \_\ \_\ \ \_____\ \/_/ \/_/ \/_/\/_/ \/_/ \/_____/ \/_____/ \/_____/ \/_/ /_/ \/_____/
##Getting the code
First checkout the code and pulldown the required dependencies as submodules:
git clone https://github.com/mronge/MailCore.git cd MailCore/ git submodule init git submodule update
Now open up MailCore.xcodeproj and build either the iOS static library or the Mac OS X framework depending on your needs.
The official site contains documentation, FAQs, and step by step instructions on how to include MailCore
Migrating to Version 1.0
The latest version of MailCore is no longer backwards compatible with earlier versions. I tried to keep backwards compatibility, but it became too complex, sorry :(
The biggest change is that exceptions are no longer used. Instead each method either returns a BOOL or an object that can be checked for success. If an error occurs each object has a
- (NSError *)lastError method that can be consulted.
Here are a list of major changes:
- The method
- (int)fetchBodyhas been renamed to
- The methods
messageListWithFetchAttributes:have both been removed. They've been replaced by the new and improved
messagesFromUID:to:withFetchAttributes:. Please see the header file CTCoreFolder.m for details.
- NSException is no longer used, instead NSError is used.
- A CTCoreMessage's to, from, sender, bcc, cc, and subject values are nil when they have not been downloaded or message doesn't have them
- Message UIDs are now NSUIntegers instead of NSStrings
- (BOOL)isUIDValid:(NSString *)uidhas been removed. Instead check your uid validity value manually