[MAMIP] Monitor AWS Managed IAM Policies
Thanks to @0xdabbad00 from SummitRoute for the original idea, this repo only automate the retrieval of new AWS Managed IAM Policies make it easier to monitor and get alerted when changes occurs using "Watch" feature of Github.
I'm using this excuse for learning and experiment new stuff: Automation, Terraform, and Containers with AWS Fargate.
Releases Onlyfeature of Github
- Subscribe to the Github RSS Feed (master branch)
How it works behind the scene
These are acquired as follows:
aws iam list-policies > list-policies.json cat list-policies.json | jq -cr '.Policies | select(.Arn | contains("iam::aws"))|.Arn +" "+ .DefaultVersionId+" "+.PolicyName' | xargs -n3 sh -c 'aws iam get-policy-version --policy-arn $1 --version-id $2 > "policies/$3"' sh
This does the following:
- Gets the list of all policies in the account
- Finds the ones with an ARN containing
iam::aws, so that only the AWS managed policies are grabbed.
- Gets the ARN, current version id, and policy name (needed so we don't have a slash like the ARN does for writing a file)
aws iam get-policy-versionwith those values, and writes the output to a file using the policy name.
- Infrastructure is deployed using:
- EC2: CloudFormation
- Fargate: Terraform
- Update the Operating System (OS)
- Install requirements:
add SSH private key
- Clone this repository
- Run the magic (previous mentioned command)
- If changes detected:
- Commit changes
- Push (with tags for GH release)
- EC2 Instance: Once a day using Spot Instance
- Fargate: Every 6 hours (Current active version)