the best a decent free webapp for taking meeting minutes.
- Create a meeting series and invite others
- Specify moderators, invited and informed users
- Create an agenda with multiple topics
- Attend a meeting via web with reactive live updates
- 1-button sending of agenda, minutes and action items by email
- Use labels to tag items for later retrieval
- Upload binary attachments to minutes (e.g., presentations, photos)
- Track open action items and unfinished topics across meetings
- Full privacy: Host your own server - it's easy!
(Click to enlarge screen shot)
(Click to play Demo Video)
Documentation is "continuously" not finished... Nevertheless these WIP docs may be of help:
External Project Links
- 4Minitz Backlog - organizes our project TODOs
- 4Minitz Demo Server - well, our Demo server ;-)
- TravisCI - Runs unit and end2end tests on each commit
- Code Climate - Keeps an eye on our code quality
- CLA Assist - Manages signing of our Contributor License Agreements
- Docker Hub - Spin up your own 4Minitz server in seconds
4Minitz is proudly sponsored by
You have two options to quickly evaluate a local demo installation at your site.
- Use our ready-to-go docker image (recommended!) or
- Install meteor. Then build and run 4Minitz locally
Option 1: Use 4Minitz docker image (Linux, Mac & Windows)
Attention: Option 1 is only one possibility of running a production server. Don't miss the Admin Guide with a more comprehensive coverage of the real production building & installation topic!
The 4Minitz docker image includes the compiled 4Minitz app, a fitting node.js version and MongoDB and thus has no external dependencies.
See the admin guide for how to configure your 4Minitz docker server.
Option 2: Clone, build & run your own (Linux, Mac)
Attention: Option 2 is for quick testing only. It is intended for developers and so it has some security drawbacks (No password protection for MongoDB) and also consumes some amount of extra RAM (>700 MB)). Don't miss the Admin Guide with a more comprehensive coverage of the real production installation topic!
4minitz is realized with the Meteor JS Framework. So, first install the current version of meteor:
curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh meteor --version
To download fresh code form github you will need
git in your path.
You'll need root rights for that. As a non-root user you may install meteor by:
git clone --depth 1 --recursive https://github.com/meteor/meteor.git cd meteor meteor --version sudo ln -s ./meteor /usr/local/bin/meteor
On Windows? Download the meteor installer. As experienced Windows admin you sure can transfer the below steps for Linux and Mac to your OS.
Quick Installation of 4Minitz (Linux & Mac)
OK, here we go! For a quick test installation perform:
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/4minitz/4minitz.git --branch master --single-branch cd 4minitz cp settings_sample.json settings.json ./runapp.sh
Wait some time for meteor to finish downloading and building. You can reach 4Minitz via the default port 3100 by opening http://localhost:3100 in your browser
Hint: There exists a settings_sample.json file that has quite a few configuration options (like sending eMails etc.). Don't miss the Admin Guide with more details on this topic.