AdAway's default hosts sources
The following host sources are default in AdAway and thus supported by the author (see https://github.com/dschuermann/ad-away/wiki/HostsSources#what-are-the-criteria-to-make-a-hosts-source-default-in-adaway)
|https://adaway.org/hosts.txt||Y||Special hosts file for AdAway containing mobile ad provider||CC Attribution 3.0|
|https://hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt||Y||hpHosts||Allowed AdAway project to use it as default|
|https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=hosts&showintro=0&mimetype=plaintext||Y||Yoyos Hosts file||MCRAE GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (version 4.r53)|
Other hosts sources
WARNING: Using the following sources could kill cats, i.e., these sources are not officially supported.
What are the criteria to make a hosts source default in AdAway?
- They should only block advertisement or analytic providers (for example http://sysctl.org/cameleon/hosts also blocks "shock sites", thus it is not included in AdAway)
- Hosts sources are potential security issues. The corresponding website of the hosts source should look "legit"
- The hosts sources have to be available directly as plain text. AdAway can not use zipped sources
- Malware blocking hosts sources are not included, because they would add too many entries
- Default hosts sources should not include redirection entries
If your hosts source complies with these requirements, open a new Issue and ask for inclusion!
WARNING: Only use these sources if you can't reach Google, Facebook, etc. from your country, because of DNS blocking!
If you want to use redirection rules from these Hosts Sources you have to explicitly allow redirection rules in the preferences of AdAway!
Hosts file generator
|https://hostsaway.appspot.com/||Y||Generate your own hosts source||CC0|
|http://unblocksit.es/||Y||Choose specific sites to unblock|