AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
For more information visit https://adaway.org
This is two kinds of release:
- The preview builds: on the bleeding edge of development - for testers or adventurous
- The stable builds: ready for every day usage - for end users
Installing the application requires:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or above
- A rooted device
For users with bugs, there may be preview builds available from the XDA development thread or the related Android File Host folder. It is recommended to try those builds to see if your issue is resolved before creating an issue. The preview builds may contain bug fixes or new features for new android versions.
After preview builds have been tested by the more technical or responsive community within the forums, we will then post the stable build to F-Droid.
You want to be involved in the project? Welcome onboard!
Check the contributing guide to learn how to report bugs, suggest features and make you first code contribution
If you are looking for translating the application in your language, the translating guide is for you.
AdAway is actively developed by:
- Bruce Bujon (@PerfectSlayer) - Developer
PayPal | BTC:
- Daniel Mönch (@Vankog) - Translations
We do not forget the past maintainers:
- Dāvis Mošenkovs (@DavisNT) - Developer
- @0-kaladin - Developer and XDA OP
- Sanjay Govind (@sanjay900) - Developer
And we thanks a lot the original author:
- Dominik Schürmann (@dschuermann) - Original developer
Paypal | Flattr | BTC:
AdAway is licensed under the GPLv3+.
The file LICENSE includes the full license text. For more details, check the license notes.