Originally I've planned to work off the entire list before I make a release. Mainly I wanted to have the SqfScope* class/functionality ready as it brings a major performance improvement and is an important requirement for the Debugger and proper IntelliSense
*SqfScopes are meant to help the extension understand your code in future.
However, I can't really say when this will be fully functional since I require to translate all the BI Wiki Commands for all supported BI Products to an for the extension (quickly) understandable syntax.
Meanwhile, there is no reason why users shouldn't profit from already stable features.
Release of stable Milestone 3 Features:
- [DONE] New project structure
- BI Wiki Support (works without internet connection)
- [DONE] Open Command in BI Wiki (requires internet)
- [100%] Preview of BI Wiki command descriptions
- [?%] Shorten all the command descriptions (bring them to the point)
- [100%] Preview of BI Wiki command syntax
- [?%] Shorten all the command syntax (bring them to the point)
- [100%] Preview of BI Wiki command examples
- [?%] Shorten all the command examples (bring them to the point)
- [DONE] Hover Support
- [DONE] CompletionItems [req. for IntelliSense] (Suggests you commands based on your input)
- [DONE] WikiCrawler (requires an internet connection, for devs only. Don't abuse!)
- [DONE] Client <-> Language Server Sync
- Parts of the Code Cleanup
- Parts of the manual Wiki corrections [req. for IntelliSense] (R.I.P my real life)
- Basic .ext file support (Thanks to @thecogdoctor)
Missing, upcoming once at stable state:
- Added all new missing 1.7.x commands that have been added lately by BI
- Fixed "private [array] being marked as deprecated" (extension now more tolerant) [ Issue #20 ] @Dorbedo
- Fixed "While loop snippet brackets issue" [ Issue #19 ] Thanks for the report @ole1986
- Warning when BIS namespace is violated
- http -> https
- Added a few missing commands for v1.6x and all new v1.7x commands
- You now will receive the option to directly reload VS Code when changing corresponding sqf settings
- Removed duplicates from commands list
- Moved a few commands to better suiting categories (this may affect their highlighting)
- The linter will now suggest you to change "private " and "private " to "private var" - this can be ignored but doing so is considered better practice and the most performant way (thanks for the long and detailed discord discussion)
- Adjustments to new VS Code requirements & update required of node modules
- Splittet all commands based on when they were introduced. This way you can for example tell VSCode to only provide you commands for ArmA2 or Take on Helicopter commands if working on older / alternative versions.
- Added Support for common Community Projects such as CBA or ACE (thanks to bux)
- Added Linter (does not conflict with SQFLint)
- You now receive warnings on using deprecated commands (in futher development, please report any missing deprecated commands or functions). Note that you must setup the config properly for this to work.
- You now receive warnings on using common reserved function namespaces such as "CBA_" or "ACE_" without having such enabled.
- Several changes on README, package, etc.
- Operation Flashpoint [OFP & OFP Resistance]
- Take On Helicopters [ToH]
- Enable/Disable commands from ToH via "sqf.enableTOH". Default: disabled
- Wiki: ToH Commands
- Armed Assault [ArmA]
- Enable/Disable commands from ArmA via "sqf.enableARMA". Default: enabled (needed for all futher ArmA versions)
- Wiki: ArmA Commands
- Armed Assault 2 & Operation Arrowhead [ArmA 2 & ArmA 2: OA]
- Armed Assault 3 [ArmA 3]
- Enable/Disable commands from ArmA 3 via "sqf.enableARMA3". Default: enabled (needed for all futher ArmA versions)
- Wiki: ArmA 3 Commands
- Community Based Addons [CBA]
- ACE 3
- Added commads for v1.64, v1.66 & latest dev
- "this, _this, _x, _forEachIndex, _exception, _thisScript, _thisFSM, thisList, thisTrigger". case-insensitivity supported and conditional parameter highlighting fixed.
- Added commands of A3: v1.56, v1.58, v 1.60, v1.62 & Dev Branch
Thanks to @jameslkingsley for his contribution
Big thanks to @ryanwoodcox for his help.
- Added support for multilinear strings
- Round braces will no longer break function highlighters
- Added a new color theme with special support for the SQF Highlighter
- After updating to the newest release, press F1 in VS Code and type "Color Theme" in the list you select "[SQF] Dark Theme"
- Added Hightlighting for https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Magic_Variables