Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
CBA: Community Base Addons
For Bohemia Interactive's ARMA 3
What does the name Community Base Addons mean? It is a system that:
- Offers a range of features for addon-makers and mission designers
- Aims to have community wide acceptance and to be used as much as possible by community addons to maintain compatibility.
- The community is very much encouraged to request new functionality or submit functionality. The most obvious example would be submitting functions to be included in the CBA function library.
- Extended Event Handlers and Class Event Handlers
- Function and Macro Libraries
- Keybinding System and configurable Keybind system
- Settings System
- Custom Events System
- Extended Debug Console and Remote Debugging
- Naming of groups on the lobby screen
- Custom Chat Commands
- Joint Rails and weapon attachment modes
- Extended Weapon Animations Framework
- Author and Credits system (Displayed during Main Menu and Pause Menu)
- Help System
- Versioning System
- UI System
The latest stable release is available here
Most of the community will only need to use CBA since it will become a requirement for many addons and scripts. In and of itself, it does not provide the end-user with any functionality.
For Addon-makers and Mission-designers
Almost everyone making content for the game would benefit from using CBA.
CBA is intended to be developed not only by the official development team, but also by the community itself.