add a loading screen for your garrys mod server!
v2 is nearly done!
Check it out here https://github.com/CodeBrauer/gmod-loadingscreen/tree/v2.0
See it in action
- Basic template built with bootstrap (responsive)
- Image slideshow with random pictures
- Random music with autoplay in background
- Welcome message with steam-player name
- Show on which map the player will join
- Show current music title
- rules.php for showing rules after server join for the
motd(ULX has to be installed)
- The script needs allow_url_fopen=1
- put 3 music files in
.ogg-format in the music folder. They must be named
- put the music artists on line 12-14 in
- get a steam web-api key here
- replace the
index.phpon line 24 with your personal api key.
- upload this code somewhere
- you don't have a webserver with PHP support? look here or here!
- set the url of the loading screen in your
- restart server.
The server name and the content of the page can be easily edited with basic knowledge of HTML. in the next version there will be a easy config file so its easier to customize
Feel free to send a PR to improve this!