Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This release comprises several additional features and fixes, in addition to the cumulative patches made against v1.5.
A blog post providing more information can be found here.
Synchronizing Sub-Module Changes
As part of this release, some of the URLs have changed for the submodules this git repository depends on. Users who are fetching updates into a pre-existing clone of the repository are strongly encouraged to execute
git submodule sync to ensure that their workflow is not interrupted.
Users who clone a fresh copy of the repository do not need to perform this additional step.
Deprecation and Removal Notices
(#6612) Restricting Processing Time for Scheduled Transactions
The patches will introduce a new configuration parameter
max-scheduled-transaction-time-per-block-ms which defaults to
100 which determines the maximum wall-clock time a node will spend retiring scheduled transactions before processing user-signed transactions.
For more information about the motivation for this change refer to this blog post about CVE-2019-6199.
Various Performance Improvements
Several of the PRs in this release contribute to the overall goal of increasing the efficiency of the peer-to-peer networking layer and real-time transaction throughput. Internal benchmarks show considerable increases in token-transfers-per-second as a result. While this does not represent real-world usage, it does suggest that there will be noticeable improvements to transactions per second, reductions in the billable CPU time for transactions, and lower latency for block propagation.
(#6496) NOTICE: State History Plugin Fix
This was included in Release v1.5.2 however, that release's proximity to this release candidate warrants re-mentioning the following:
Serialization for permission_object failed when both it and its parent were deleted. This happened in block 31700785 of the mainnet.
If you are running the state history plugin AND has proceeded past a block with this condition, then you'll need to restore from a snapshot made prior to that block to continue.
- (#6372) Net plugin cleanup
- (#6370) Fix requires in spec file to resolve dependency resolution issues with rpms
- (#6397) net_plugin reduce signed_block copies
- (#6398) Update buildkite pipeline to use new queues
- (#6400) Add community plugin links
- (#6401) Stop the unix_server from listening in shutdown stage as well.
- (#6436) Use 64-bit float printing of 128-bit floats on non x86_64
- (#6435) remove x86_64 arch dep specification on AMI2 build script
- (#6459) Allow disablement of net_plugin's listen socket
- (#6430) add a test that reduces the size of the producer set
- (#6426) Reflect Validation Script
- (#6470) Update the bios-boot-tutorial.py script and readme.md
- (#6485) Spelling correction
- (#6419) Update LICENSE path
- (#6498) Fix cluster writes for mongo DB
- (#6500) Fix return codes of build scripts so that buildkite can fail properly
- (#6490) Return 400 on get_block with nonexist block number
- (#6499) mongo_db_plugin action_trace indexes
- (#6471) Optimize transaction signature recovery
- (#6501) optimization when writing shared_blob data
- (#6494) packed_transaction enhancement
- (#6549) Consolidated Security Fixes for 1.6.0-rc2
- (#6555) update developer portal link
- (#6596) Use https url for wabt submodule
- (#6612) Build WABT with support for C++ exceptions.
- (#6600) Add libtinfo5 dependency to deb package.
Special thanks to the community contributors that submitted patches for this release:
Special thanks to PeckShield for their work related to CVE-2019-6199