Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
Currently the project is hosted on github ( https://github.com/EiffelSoftware/EiffelWebReloaded/ ). The easiest way to get the source is
git clone git://github.com/EiffelSoftware/EiffelWebReloaded.git cd EiffelWebReloaded git submodule update --init git submodule foreach git checkout master
- Note: I don't really know, how to avoid the "git checkout master" , but I found it to be the best solution to avoid trouble later (but it seems the checkout master is not required)
- Apart from the fcgi library, you don't have anything special to do.
- If you want to use the fcgi support on Windows, go to library\server\fcgi\libfcgi\Win32, and open the libfcgi.vcxproj in VisualStudio
- This part would need to be improved, but currently the libfcgi is not very nice (sorry to say that).
- First download, and try the example, please report any trouble
- Provide review, suggestion, documentation improvement, and contribution
- If you desire to contribute to the code, I would advice to [Fork] the current repository on github.com , and when you have a contribution ready to be share, please let us know (using for instance the [Pull] facility, and we'll pull from your repository, and after code review, hopefully we'll integrate the changes or additions to this project. Note you can also just fork/clone this repository on your local machine, and send patch directly.
- Spreads the word, and let people know about this web solution.
- The current code is under the EiffelForum 2 licence, see: http://www.eiffel.com/licensing/forum.txt
- If you want to build any web service, you need to use library/server/httpd library, one of the implementation library/server/httpd-connector-libraries
- If you want to specifically build a server publishing RESTful services, please use library/server/rest server library
- To test your REST application, I would advice you to use the library/client/rest client library for that.
- Please have a look at the examples: examples/rest_server and examples/rest_client
- Also check examples/restbuck_server which is work in progress
Please also visit the FAQ page, which will grow as long as you contribute with question (and even answer)