Simple yet powerful and really extendable application for managing a blog within your Django Web site.
Zinnia has been made for publishing Weblog entries and designed to do it well.
Basically any feature that can be provided by another reusable app has been left out. Why should we re-implement something that is already done and reviewed by others and tested?
More than a long speech, here the list of the main features:
- Archives views
- Related entries
- Private entries
- RSS or Atom Feeds
- Tags and categories views
- Advanced search engine
- Prepublication and expiration
- Custom templates for various contents
- Editing in Markdown, Textile or reStructuredText
- Widgets (Popular entries, Similar entries, ...)
- Spam protection with Akismet, TypePad or Mollom
- Admin dashboard
- MetaWeblog API
- Ping Directories
- Ping External links
- Bit.ly support
- Twitter support
- Gravatar support
- Django-CMS plugins
- Collaborative work
- Tags autocompletion
- Entry model extendable
- Pingback/Trackback support
- Blogger conversion utility
- WordPress conversion utility
- WYMeditor, TinyMCE , CKEditor and MarkItUp support
- Efficient database queries
- Ready to use and extendable templates
- Compass and Sass3 integration
- Windows Live Writer compatibility
Take a look at the online demo at: http://demo.django-blog-zinnia.com/ or you can visit these websites who use Zinnia.
- Fantomas' side
- Vidzor Studio LLC
- Future Proof Games
- Tihomir Blajev Blog
If you are a proud user of Zinnia, send me the URL of your website and I will add it to the list.
More information and help available at these URLs: