Triptych of Digital Mirrors for Intel to show the qualities of their Ivy Bridge Processor
Security visualization. You can use the following keys in the application:
- g: Toggle flock gui
- spacebar: Toggle kinect gui
- s: Grab screen
- l: Load settings
- w: Write (save) settings
- f: Toggle fullscreen
- d: Toggle debug draw
- r: Rotate scene
- m: Show/hide cursor
- i: Show info (fps)
- Flock radius SQ: The radius squared (SQ) in which boids interact with each other (i.e. when Flock align energy, Flock separate energy and Flock attract energy have influence. Default value: 3.0780
- Flock high threshold Basically a toggle to switch between alignment and separation. Default value: 0.69
- Flock low threshold See 'high'. Default value: 0.1525
- Flock align energy: Amount of alignment between boids. Default value: 0.0003
- Flock separate energy: Amount of separation between boids. Default value: 0.0003
- Flock attract energy: Amount of attraction between boids. Default value: 0.0003
- Flock center energy: How much are the boids attracted to the center point. Default value: 0.2000
- Flock sphere size: Works with center energy. The radius of the sphere where boids are allowed to fly around. Default value:5.2225
- Boid glow size: The size of glow around a boid when it's in attack mode. Default value: 0.246
- Boid scale: The scale of a boid. Default value: 0.0933
- Boid trail width: The trail width when a boid attacks. Default value: 0.2120
- Boid trail length: :-)
- [x] Boid create trails: DO NOT USE THIS FOR NOW, SET LENGTH TO ZERO IF YOU DONT WANT TRAILS
- Boids: mix of normal in boid shader: The amount of colors we use from the normal (this creates the blueish/purplish colors). Default value: 1.0 (none)
- Boids: specular component (lower is more): The shininess of the boids. Default value: 3.65
- Boids trail color: EXPERIMENTAL The color of the boid. CLICK ON THE COLOR RECTANGLE TO CHANGE IT!
- [x] Record kinect Used to record kinect while testing. DO NOT USE
- [x] Draw boid glows: Draw glows when a boid attack.
- [x] Draw grid: Used while testing, for alignment. Draw an axis + grid.
- [x] Draw flock: Draw the boids.
- [x] Draw room: Draw the background room.
- [x] DebugDraw attackers: in debug draw mode (the ugly version), draw the attackers magenta)
- Kinect scale: Scale of triangulated kinect image.
- Save kinect recording: Used to recor kinect while testing. DO NOT USE
- Percentage of visible boids: From the 300 boids possible in total, only use this percentage
- Percentage of attack boids: Percentage from the visible boids which are responsive to user input.
- Update number of visible boids After changing the percentages (two lines above), press this button.
- [x] Random force Apply random force
- Random scale How fast changes the random force
- Random influence How much random force
- Boid attract to user ENERGY how much boids are attracted to users
- Boid attract to user RADIUS UPDATE: when boids are further
- Boid repel from user ENERGY how much boids are repeled from users
- Boid repel from user RADIUS repel when boids get closer then this radius
- Boid attack energy How "fast" a boid goes to a point of attack. Default value: 0.0793
- Boid attack duration min: We take a random value between duration min and max. As long as "duration" the boid will attack Value in millis. Default value: 366.
- Boid attack duration max: See Boid attack duration min.
- Boid attack delay min (ms): We don't want all boids to attack so they have a random delay between min and max. Default value: 6233.xxx
- Boid attack delay max (ms): See min. Default value: 1533.xxx
Code and compiler settings
- See Application/Settings.h for some other settings (i.e. what kind of kinect input!)
- In MSVC++ you need to make sure that the kinect sdk libraries can be found. Change the linker settings and header search paths so the point to the kinect SDK. Somewhere in *C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v1.5*
Example of values which work well