Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Known issues and FAQ's
Please also check our list of open bugs for v. 2.5
- If you are behind a proxy server, chances are that you are unable to download the Python and/or Perl dependencies. The solution is to
- open a cmd.exe and set the below variable:
set HTTP_PROXY=http://your_proxy_ip:portand then start the McStas installer from within that cmd.exe shell
- When having Safari as browser and using mcdoc from the command line e.g.
mcdoc Sourcethe generated links can not be followed. See https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues/670 for a workaround
- On Mojave (10.14) and High Sierra (10.13) some users have reported compilation errors mentioning
math.h not foundSee https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues/676 how to resolve this
- If you are unable to run
mcrun.pl --teston your mac, chances are you did not install our Perl dependencies. Please use the script https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/blob/master/support/MacOSX/Check-dependencies/Check-PL-dependencies.command (also came with your downloaded package)
- To make a newly installed McStas on macOS the Unix system default, please either
- Use the 'File' -> 'Set as default' from mcgui
- Start a mcstas-2.5-environment shell and issue the command
(If failures are reported you may need to sudo that command)
- On Debian 9 and newer, including Ubuntu 18.04 LTS the default setup of the PGPLOT plotter uses the Giza libraries which e.g. does not produce png file successfully with mcdisplay.pl and mcplot.pl. See https://github.com/McStasMcXtrace/McCode/issues/558 for workarounds
Adding support for NCrystal
- Unfortunately, the mcstas-suite-*-2.5 packages did not include the mcstas-ncrystal-2.5 package and hence needs to be installed independently. This unfortunately has the side effect that some symlinks are broken. Hence also please reinstall e.g. mcstas-tools-python-mcrun-2.5.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.