This version includes all contributions made during the Google Code-in period 2016, as well as minor improvements to usability.
- Assorted translations (Polish, Hungarian, Ukrainian, German, Russian)
- Added tooltips to buttons (#376)
- Various code cleanup and refactoring (Checkstyle, PMD, Findbugs, Sonar)
- Added CREDITS and updated icons
- Added more Unit tests (#393, #394, #396)
- Replaced 'gradle install' with 'gradle installApp'
- 4K background image (#402)
- Switch file handling to Java NIO (#407)
- Removed guava dependency (#411)
- Fixed file and zip handling (#395, #403)
- Fix for Jenkins upgrade causing available game version scanning to fail
- Sorts languages in drop-down menu for launcher settings
- Assorted translations
- Tiny flag icons for everybody woo!
- Better UI alignment
- Various code cleanup and refactoring
- Allow setting the game log level from the launcher
- Fix launcher hanging when the game data directory was edited on the settings page
This was meant as the bundled JRE release but that effort stalled. We still upped the required Java to 8u40 so that should count as major. Actual changes are fairly limited:
Another small bug fix release. Starting on v3 after this!
- Fixes Japanese
- Fixes loading bar stalling while processing available game versions
Hot fix release resolving the more serious issues with v2.0.0. Stable enough for proper usage, huzzah!
- Reverted to old exe file until JRE bundling is entirely ready
- Marked Java 8 as required now - no more Java 7 (makes sense anyway since Terasology won't run on 7)
- Fixed the JavaFX bug responsible for causing a stall before loading a file chooser dialog
- Launcher should exit more gracefully if the user cancels out of choosing initial directories to use
This is the Launcher v2.0.0 release, however it has two major issues (#319 + #326) leaving it unfit for a fully stable release. I'm marking it as pre-release although it is officially done. We'll see about getting a v2.0.1 out soon to iron out the instabilities.
- First new major release. Not backwards compatible.
- Shiny new look and feel using JavaFX
- Retired old "Legacy" and "Multi" version lines - Legacy still available in Jenkins
- Launcher now retrieves the "Omega" zip which is base Terasology + the modules in the standard lineup
- Structure of Terasology.zip changed, Terasology.jar is now inside the "libs" directory (no user action needed)
- More options for customizing the game launch (command line parameters)
- Changelogs are aggregated for older builds
- Substantial rework of how game and engine jars are detected and used
- Renamed "Nightly" to "Develop" and "Stable" to "Release" in various places
- Lots of translation work including several new languages
- Experimental support for JRE bundling and Java Webstart (more info later)
- Support for using the OS proxy server config
- Using Gradle 2.1 now and Java 8 for compiling (but not required at runtime yet)
- Probably more stuff we forgot about :-)
- Translation into Polish
- Fallback for missing language translations
- New setting "Save downloaded files" and new "download" directory
- Update "TerasologyLauncher.exe"
- Better handling for failed or change-less game builds
- Delete old and unused cache files
- Note: Old cached information about game versions are not compatible. These are automatically reloaded.
- Internal changes
- Restructure and refactor code
- Change Checkstyle and FindBugs configurations
- Load and log game engine version
- More and better logging
- Some small bug fixes
- Update compile and runtime dependencies
- Update gradle wrapper (1.10 -> 1.12)
- Update launch4j (3.0.2 -> 3.4)
- Allow all memory (heap size) values (512 MB - 16 GB)
- Optimize zip file download (checks, logging, timeout, file name, ...)
- Delete content of game installation sub directory before downloading and extracting a game version