This is the first release since the v14 port to .NET Core. It focuses mostly on scale-out, bug fixes and refactoring. It also includes a rewrite of the admin area using Vue.js more as a rough-in to decide if it's capable (hint: it is!).
There are a number of schema changes in this release. Run the
PopForums14to15.sql script included in the
PopForums.Sql project manually against your database.
- General update of dependencies.
- Rewrite of admin to use Vue.js. #120
- Scaffolding for recording view data, correlating between users and topics (for future analytic use). #104
- Optionally run background processes as Azure functions. #76
- Social icons in profile. #119
- Redis backplane for SingalR in multi-node hosting. #64
- Migrated to Bootstrap v4.x. #94
- Abandon decade-old constructors in models. #96
- Remove first post preview from topic lists (no one used it). #97
- Truncate error log instead of delete all. #103
- Adopt Dapper usage in
- Improve performance for IP history and security log. #106
- Realign social links in profile to modern services. #107
- Provide a standard way to fail distributed events. #117
- Add support for ElasticSearch. #116
- BUG: Over-zealous regex hangs unparse of client HTML. #118
- BUG: Fix Favorite & Subscription Topic pages. #111
- BUG: It's possible to submit empty posts with just returns. #82
- BUG: TinyMCE is mangling hyperlinks. #125
- BUG: TinyMCE is inserting extra attributes in image tags, breaking parsing. #128
- Delete and ban buttons missing from admin user edit. #130
- The Azure Functions should be in the
PopForums.AzureKitproject, but they're not because of some goofy dependency problems with the Azure Functions SDK. It'll also throw up a warning about the Newtonsoft.JSON version that you can safely ignore.