It covers almost the full API (see "What's missing" below), and all methods are tested against the real Github site.
Should you have any question, any remark, or if you find a bug, or if there is something you can do with the API but not with PyGithub, please open an issue.
For further details, please refer to the reference documentation at
Looking for maintainers
As of February 2015, the original author, jacquev6, is unable to devote much time to maintaining the project. If you are using the project at work and have a vested interest in keeping the code healthy, shoot him an email.
Version 1.26.0 (November 5th, 2015)
- Added context parameter to Status API
- Changed InputGitAuthor to reflect that time is an optional parameter
- Added sort option to get_pulls
- Added api_preview parameter to Requester class
- Return empty list instead of None for pagination with no pages
- Removed URL scheme validation that broke GitHub Enterprise
- Added "add_membership" call to Teams
- Added support to lazily load repositories
- Updated test suite to record with oauth tokens
- Added support for http_proxy
- Add support for filter/role options in Organization.get_members()
- Changed Organization.get_members's filter parameter to _filter
- Fix escaping so that labels now support whitespaces
- Updated create_issue to support taking a list of strings for labels
- Added support for long integers in get_repo
- Fixed pagination to thread headers between requests
- Added repo.get_stargazers_with_dates()
Version 1.25.2 (October 7th, 2014)
- Work around the API v3 returning
nullin some paginated responses, thanks erichaase for the bug report
Version 1.25.1 (September 28th, 2014)
Version 1.25.0 (May 4th, 2014)
- Implement getting repos by id, thanks to tylertreat for the pull request
Gist.owner, thanks to dalejung for the pull request
What's missing? Github API v3 URLs not covered by PyGithub
A lot of things including the following URLs, and every new things published by GitHub recently.