Quantum Software Benchmarks
We benchmark several popular quantum computation softwares/frameworks/simulators to test their performance in practical daily research.
This benchmark is written with the following principles:
- try to use the user interface (UI) instead of high performance hack from internals.
- focus on laptop runnable scale (4-25 qubits) instead of High Performance Cluster scale
The complete results are included in RESULTS.md
You should be able to run this benchmark with the
Quantum Circuit Simulation Benchmark install install dependencies run [package] run benchmark of [package] or run all benchmarks by default parallel [package] spawn [package] benchmark in a process or run all benchmark in parallel by default help print this message
Make sure you have the above required dependency installed, then run the following script, which will install all the dependencies for you.
If you prefer a virtual environment to run the benchmark, please create one using either
before you install the dependencies with
This will usually take a few hours to finish, thus if you want to run it in the backend, you can use
You can generate the plot by running:
Please feel free to update and add new benchmarks. Check CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.
We thank the following people for reviewing our benchmarks:
- Juan Gomez, Christopher J. Wood for reviewing qiskit
- Craig Gidney for reviewing Cirq
- corryvrequan for reviewing qulacs
- Damian Steiger for reviewing ProjectQ
- johannesjmeyer for reviewing PennyLane