Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Found a bug? Help us fix it...
We are trying our best to keep Soot as free of bugs as possible, but -hey- nobody's perfect right? Did you find a problem that looks like a bug to you? Please follow these steps to help us fix it...
Make sure that your problem also appears with the latest version of Soot, i.e., the most recent nightly build. We cannot support or provide bug fixes for older versions of Soot. If there is an issue preventing you from upgrading to the very latest version, please let us know.
Search the tracker
Please first search the issue tracker to see if your problem has been reported already. If there is no existing bug report, feel free to create a new one. If there is an existing report, but you can give additional information (such as additional applications with which the problem also occurs), please add your data to this existing issue. If the existing issue report has already been closed, please only re-open it or comment on it if the same (or a closely related issue) re-appears, i.e., there is a high chance that the very same bug has re-appeared. Otherwise, create a new issue report.
Please do not use the issue tracker for asking questions on how to use Soot. These questions should rather be asked on the mailing list.
Unsure if your problem is a bug?
If you are unsure if your problem is really a bug or if you are misusing Soot, feel free to discuss the issue on the mailing list.
Guideline for creating new bug reports
Whenever you create a new issue report in our issue tracker, please make sure to include the following information in your report. Having all the required information saves a lot of work for us and helps providing a fix to your issue faster.
- What did you do? Please give us an exact description of your command line, your version of Soot, any extensions to Soot you may have written and may be running and anything else we need to know about your environment.
- On which application (input files) did you run Soot? Please provide a link where we can download these files, or, if this is not possible, exactly specify how we can obtain the files. If you are e.g., analyzing an app from the Google Play Store, provide a link to the concrete application page in the store.
- What did you expect to happen?
- What did happen instead? If you receive an exception, please provide the full exception text and stack trace.
If you want to be the perfect bug reporter, consider including a test case that will allow us to reproduce the problem at the click of a button. Problems with test cases get fixed fastest!
Fixing it yourself
Do you know what could be causing the bug? Then why not give us a helping hand and fix it yourself?! Here is how you can help us integrate your fix with ease...
- Fork your own copy of the Soot repository by clicking the Fork button ton the top right.
- Switch to the branch develop within your forked copy of Soot.
- Make the appropriate changes, test them, and commit them.
- Create a pull request by clicking on the green button on the top left. A registered committer will then review and pull your changes.