Safe Exam Browser 2.1.3 for Windows adds support for using Windows system proxy settings and fixes some important issues (therefore it is highly recommended to update as soon as possible!):
- Current versions of Internet Explorer, Edge and Windows 10 complained about an invalid signature of the SEB 2.1.2 installer when downloading or starting it, as Microsoft doesn't accept insecure SHA1 code signatures anymore. SEB 2.1.3 is signed with a new code signing certificate with a SHA-256 signature.
- Added support for system proxy settings (the existing option in SEB Config Tool / Network / Proxies is functional now).
- SEB Windows service didn't start properly on some machines, this should be fixed now.
- Fixed URL of SEBWindowsServiceWCF to avoid collisions with other WCF services. This might have caused SEB influencing some other installed applications.
- Improved stability of resetting registry settings when SEB quits or is started/quit again after not being exited properly.
- Fixed wrong version number in SEB installer.
Safe Exam Browser 2.1.2 for Windows supports the native HTML5 full screen mode, hardware acceleration in the browser and fixes some minor problems:
- Native HTML5 full screen mode is now supported. Please note: The SEB task bar (if enabled) is not hidden by this full screen mode. To be able to exit the full screen mode, the Esc key needs to be enabled in SEB settings. Alternatively the full screen view should contain a button to close it.
- Hardware accelaration is now activated in the SEB browser.
- Fixed problem not recognizing a quit URL if the quit link was not clicked by the user but the quit URL directly loaded on the website.
- Fixed problem (displaying an exception message) when selecting a network in the SEB Wi-Fi task bar control.
- Fixed cancel button in the dialog window for the restart exam button.
- The option "Monitor processes while SEB is running" in the Applications config tool tab cannot be altered when the kiosk mode "Disable Explorer Shell" is active, as process monitoring is always active in this kiosk mode.
Safe Exam Browser 2.1.1 is fully compatible with Windows 10, contains improvements when running on Windows 8.1/10 tablets and general stability improvements.
- SEB 2.1.1 is fully compatible with Windows 10, there is no delay when starting up on Windows 10 anymore and Windows updates are paused correctly while SEB is running.
- Improvements in the touch optimized mode for Windows tablet computers, as better behavior when the on-screen keyboard is displayed and the web page scrolls a text field into the visible area or when moving the cursor in and between text fields.
- A new setting allows to switch off the on-screen keyboard manually or automatically when a hardware keyboard is connected.
- Added a sebs:// protocol (in addition to seb://), which forces the use of https for loading a .seb configuration file.
- Updated browser engine to XULRunner/Gecko (Firefox) 41.0.2.
- Fixed bug which prevented options in the Windows Security Screen (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) being restored after a reset/reboot.
- Fixed bug which caused SEB being opened multiple times by quickly double clicking more than once.
- Fixed bug in the show keyboard layout SEB task bar widget which couldn't switch to other keyboard layouts in Windows 7.
Safe Exam Browser 2.1 for Windows includes new features, usability, stability and security improvements:
- SEB 2.1 is the first Safe Exam Browser version featuring a touch optimized mode for Windows tablet computers.
- Buttons for restart exam, reload page, change keyboard layout and a display for the current time improve usability in exams.
- New feature which monitors processes and hinders all non-permitted applications to open, become active and display windows while SEB is running.
- Individual proxy settings, URL filters and server certificates can be used per exam.
- The SEB Config Tool has been re-engineered and now allows comfortable editing and testing of SEB configuration files.