npm install universalviewer
bower install uv
- OpenSeadragon image zooming using the IIIF image API.
- YouTube-style embedding with deep links to specific pages/zoom regions.
- Themable, fork the UV theme on github to create your own.
- Highly configurable and extensible.
- Supports "IxIF" out of the box, allowing 3D, audio, video, and pdf viewing experiences.
- Supports search and autocomplete service integration with overlayed search results.
- Internationalised UI using transifex.com (currently supports English and Welsh. Volunteers for more translations gratefully accepted!)
See the GitHub releases page.
The most up-to-date code can usually be found on the
Please see the wiki for instructions on how to customise the viewer for your own projects.
First Time Setup
Install Node.js, if you haven't already
Install the grunt command line interface (if you haven't already); on the command line, run:
npm install -g grunt-cli
Install bower (if you haven't already)
npm install -g bower
universalviewerrepository and sub modules:
git clone https://github.com/UniversalViewer/universalviewer.git --recursive
On the command line, go in to the
npm install bower install grunt sync
To build the debug version of the viewer, just run (on the command line, in the
To build the distribution version of the UV, just run (on the command line, in the
uv-major.minor.patch folder along with compressed .zip and .tar files will appear in the
/dist folder. Use these in your website, or alternatively use:
bower install uv --save
which will download the distribution folder to
See https://github.com/UniversalViewer/demo-site for examples.
To view the examples run:
grunt grunt examples
The Universal Viewer is released under the MIT license.