Contributing to Mainroad
Mainroad welcomes contributions and corrections.
Please take a moment to review this document in order to make the contribution process easy and effective for everyone involved.
The issue tracker is the preferred channel for bug reports and features requests, but please respect the following restrictions:
- Please do not combine a few problems or features in one issue. Create separate issues if needed.
- Please do not create issue that contains title only. Write useful title and description.
- Please do not post comments consisting solely of "+1" or emoji. Use GitHub's "reactions" feature instead. The project maintainer reserve the right to delete such comments.
- Please specify the exact steps to reproduce bug.
Pull requests (PR)
Please ask first before embarking on any significant pull request (e.g. implementing features or refactoring code), otherwise, you risk spending a lot of time working on something that the project maintainer might not want to merge into the project.
IMPORTANT: By submitting a patch, you agree to allow the project owner to license your work under the terms of the GPLv2 License.
Please respect coding guidelines used throughout the project (indentation, accurate comments, etc.) and our PR acceptance criteria.
PR acceptance criteria
- Please keep the change in a single PR as small as possible.
- 1 PR = 1 FIX or FEATURE (do not combine things, send separate PR if needed)
- Does not break any existing functionality
- Your changes can merge without problems
- Provide a reasonable PR title and description
- If the PR changes the UI it should include before-and-after screenshots or a link to a video
- Be prepared to answer questions and make changes in your code
IMPORTANT: No guarantees can be made that your pull request will be accepted.
By contributing your code, you agree to license your contribution under the GPLv2 License.