Spotify is playing now in your readme
If you want to share your love to music with the world you are in right place. You can share cunrrently playing track from you Spotify just with an image.
How to use
Create an Spotify application for authentication
- Go to Spotify Developer Dashboard and log in with your Spotify account
- Click Create An App
- Fill the name and description of new app and click Create.
- Click Show Client Secret.
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret we will need it a bit later.
Deploy an application to Vercel
- Open this link for deploy app to Vercel
- Click Continue on Clone Git Repository screen
- Choose where you want to save code on Create Git Repository and Vercel will fork this repo automatically
- Click Continue on Import Project screen
- Put Client ID to
SPOTIFY_CLIENT_IDand Client Secret to
SPOTIFY_CLIENT_SECRETand put just
- Click Deploy
Get Refresh Token
- When application is deployed go to Dashboard
- Copy your domain with
prodlabel of your application
- Go back to Spotify Developer Dashboard
- Open application
- Click to Edit Settings
- Add path to auth page
/api/auth. It should looks like this
- Put the url Redirect URI and click Add
- Save changes with click to Save in end of the form
- Open new tab on the browser and go to url which you put in Redirect URI. The url should looks like this
- Copy Refresh token and put to the application settings on Vercel
- Go to Deployments page and redeploy the last deployment of your application on Vercel
- Everything is done!
You can copy this snippet and change domain in the url to domain of your application and post it wherever you would like
<img src="https://spotify-playing-now-readme.vercel.app/api/now-playing" width="540" height="52">