Build An Alexa Pet Match Skill in Python using ASK Python SDK
In this workshop you will create a skill called Pet Match that matches the user with a pet. When launched, this Alexa Skill will prompt the user for the information it needs to determine a match. Once all of the required information is collected, it will send the data to an external web service which processes the data and returns the match.
Through this workshop, you'll learn how to use advanced Alexa Skills Kit features to create and configure an Alexa Skill and AWS Lambda. The features you'll learn to use are Dialog Management and Entity Resolution. These features leverage Alexa's Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Machine Learning (ML), which makes your life easier because you don't have to write code. You only need to provide training data to the Alexa engines via your interaction model. The skill builder makes it easy to do so.
To Get Started click the button below:
- Amazon Developer Forums - Join the conversation!
- Hackster.io - See what others are building with Alexa.
Tutorials & Guides
- Voice Design Guide - A great resource for learning conversational and voice user interface design.
- Codecademy: Learn Alexa - Learn how to build an Alexa Skill from within your browser with this beginner friendly tutorial on Codecademy!
- Official Alexa Skills Kit Python SDK (Beta) - The Official Python SDK (Beta) Repository
- Official Alexa Skills Kit Python SDK (Beta) Documentation - The Official Python SDK (Beta) Documentation
- Official Alexa Skills Kit Documentation - Official Alexa Skills Kit Documentation