ApostropheCMS is a full-featured, open source CMS built with Node.js that seeks to empower organizations by combining in-context editing and headless architecture in a full-stack JS environment.
Demo · Roadmap · Report Bug
Table of Contents
ApostropheCMS is content software for everyone in an organization. It helps teams of all sizes create dynamic digital experiences with elegance and efficiency by blending powerful features, developer happiness, and a low learning curve for content creators. Apostrophe has powered websites and web apps for organizations large and small for over a decade.
To get started with ApostropheCMS, follow these steps to set up a local development environment. For more detail, refer to the Getting Started tutorial in the documentation.
We recommend installing the following with Homebrew on macOS. If you're on Linux, you should use your package manager (apt or yum). If you're on Windows, we recommend the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
|Imagemagick||Any||Faster image uploads, GIF support (optional)|
Our recomended way to start a new project with ApostropheCMS is to use the Apostrophe CLI.
Install the Apostrophe CLI
npm install -g apostrophe-cli
Create a project
apos create-project wonderful-project --setup
You'll be prompted to create a password for the
cd wonderful-project && node app.js
Navigate to localhost:3000/login to login with the admin credentials you created.
Extensions and Integrations
You can find a list of ApostropheCMS extensions on our website, but here are a few highlights:
- apostrophe-headless - Add REST APIs and power your React / Vue Native / etc. apps with a headless CMS.
- apostrophe-blog - Everything you need to put a blog on your site.
- apostrophe-events - Manage one-time and recurring events.
- apostrophe-workflow - Add powerful localization capabilities to your project.
- apostrophe-passport - Authenticate via Twitter, Facebook, Github and more.
- apostrophe-saml - Authenticate via Shibboleth, as well as corporate SAML environments like Salesforce.
- apostrophe-redirects - An easy redirects module.
We eagerly welcome open source contributions. Before submitting a PR, please read through our Contribution Guide
ApostropheCMS is released under the MIT License.