This is a beta release of blenderseed, an appleseed plugin for Blender 2.79 and later.
This release is designed to work with appleseed 1.9.0-beta.
(Red Paper Boat by Giuseppe Lucido.)
Keep in mind this is beta-quality software and there are a number of known bugs that will be fixed in the next releases of the plugin.
- Added all remaining built-in appleseed materials.
- Added support for OSL materials.
- Added support for alpha mapping.
- Added support for nested dielectrics.
- Added support for subsurface scattering.
- Added support for participating media.
- Added support for animation export.
- Added support for render stamps.
- Added support for denoising.
- Added support for render passes.
- Added automatic texture convertor.
- Overhauled object visibility user interface.
- Overhauled render panel user interface.
- Fixed many problems when enabling/disabling the blenderseed plugin.
- Removed material layer system.
- Removed DRT (Distributed Ray Tracer, i.e. direct lighting-only) mode.
- Adjusted ranges for camera's shutter open/close times.
- Added online documentation.
- Many bug fixes.
- Download and unzip appleseed: https://appleseedhq.net/download.html
- Download blenderseed but don't unzip it.
- Start Blender, then File → User Preferences.
- Click on Install Add-on from File...
- Locate the appleseed plugin (you can filter by Render in the category list on the left) and enable it.
- In the plugin settings, set appleseed Binary Directory to the
binfolder of appleseed (e.g.
- Click Save User Settings and close the dialog.
- Choose appleseed in the rendering engine dropdown.
Short (2 minutes) user-contributed tutorial, click on the image to play on Vimeo: