Send messages to Slack using Discord and vice versa.
Tested with Node v9.9.0.
git clone https://github.com/aubguillemette/discord2slack.git && cd discord2slack npm install # Configure your stuff (see Config section) npm start
You have to set the following values in discord2slack.js
const DISCORD_TOKEN = ''; const DISCORD_CHANNEL = ''; const DISCORD_CHANNELID = ''; const SLACK_TOKEN = ''; const SLACK_CHANNEL = ''; const SLACK_CHANNEL_PRIVATE = false;
DISCORD_TOKENis your Discord bot token
DISCORD_CHANNELis the name of your Discord channel (configure this or DISCORD_CHANNELID)
DISCORD_CHANNELIDis the ID of your Discord channel (configure this or DISCORD_CHANNEL)
SLACK_TOKENis your Slack bot token
SLACK_CHANNELis the name of your Slack channel
SLACK_CHANNEL_PRIVATErepresents whether or not your Slack channel is private
How does one create Discord and Slack bots?
I've included instructions in the source code, I'll put them here too.
How to configure a Discord bot
- Go here: https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me
- Create an app
- When the app is created, click on "Create a Bot User"
- Name bot, copy the Token, paste it in the conf. section of the source code and save changes.
- Go here (but replace "YOUR_CLIENT_ID" in the URL) https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID_HERE&scope=bot&permissions=3072
- Choose the server you want to give your bot access to and click OK (or wtv the submit button is named)
- Go on Discord and configure your channel to give msg read and msg write permissions to your bot.
- Copy your Channel ID or your Channel Name and paste it in the conf. section of the source code.
How to configure a Slack bot
- Go to https://my.slack.com/services/new/bot
- Configure the name of the bot
- Copy-Paste the Token into the conf. section of the source code and save changes.
- Invite the bot to the desired channel (/invite @my-l33t-bot)
- Copy the channel name in the conf. section of the source code.
- If the channel is private, set SLACK_CHANNEL_PRIVATE to true.
- Add support for DMs
- Add support for multiple channels