Votainteligente the electoral platform that Fundación Ciudadano Inteligente uses to transparent the electoral positions of different candidates to an election.
VotaInteligente depends on 3 parts candideit.org, popit and write-it. You might choose to use all of them or just part. In the following document it is described how to install.
This guide was made using an ubuntu 13.10 just installed.
Before the installation process is started a number of requirements is needed
- The requirements that sorl-thumbnail has
- The requirements that Pillow has for your distribution.
- PgMagick (You can install PgMagick in ubuntu by running
sudo apt-get install python-pgmagick)
- Clone votainteligente somewhere in your system.
git clone https://github.com/ciudadanointeligente/votainteligente-portal-electoral.git
Enter the installation directory
- Create a virtual environment
Here you can optionally give the command the full path to the installation directory by adding -a .
- If you didn't use the -a option you'll have to cd into the directory.
- Install the requirements that votainteligente needs in the current virtualenvironment
pip install -r requirements.txt
It might take some time to get all installed
- Create the database and tables.
python manage.py migrate
- Running VotaInteligente
python manage.py runserver
And hit http://localhost:8000/.
Previously created themes
Creating your own custom theme
If you want to create a new theme you have to create a directory containing two different subdirectories templates and static, and copy the templates that you want to replace.
And in your project in your local_settings.py file you have to add the following
STATICFILES_DIRS = ( '/full/path/to/your/theme/static/', ) TEMPLATE_DIRS = ( '/full/path/to/your/theme/templates/', )
You can run tests by doing:
And there is a shortcut for testing without migrations:
If you want to help us translate votainteligente please join our project in poeditor.com
VotaInteligente is free and released as open source software covered by the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL v3)