Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- First stable release, now following SemVer.
- Feature: Can now be installed as a
require-devComposer dependency and
supports running as
(#36 by @radford)
- Fix: Actually exclude
vendor/directory. This prevents processing all
vendor files twice and reduces build time by 50%.
(#38 by @radford)
- Fix: Fix error reporting when processing invalid project paths.
(#56 by @staabm and @clue)
- Fix: Fix description of
(#47 by @staabm)
- Updated documentation, tests and project structure.
(#54, #57, #58 and #59 by @clue)
- Feature: The
searchcommand is the new default if you do not pass any command
You can now use the following command to get started:
- Fix: Pass through STDERR output of child processes instead of aborting
- Fix: Do not timeout when child process takes longer than 60s.
This also helps users with slower internet connections.
- Fix: Update broken dependencies
- Fix: Fixed an undocumented config key
(#14, thanks @mikey179)
- Feature: New
installcommand will now both build the given package and then
install it into the system-wide bin directory
$PATH). This works for any package name or URL just like with the
$ phar-composer install phpunit/phpunit
After some (lengthy) build output, you should now be able to run it by just issuing:
- Feature: New
searchcommand provides an interactive command line search.
It will ask for the package name and issue an search via packagist.org's API and
present a list of matching packages. So if you don't know the exact package name,
you can now use the following command:
$ phar-composer search boris
- Feature: Both
installcommands now also optionally accept an
additional target directory to place the resulting phar into.
- Feature: Resulting phar files can now be executed on systems without
ext-phar (#8). This vastly improves portability for legacy setups by including
a small startup script which self-extracts the current archive into a temporary
- Feature: Resulting phar files can now be executed without the phar file name
extension. E.g. this convenient feature now allows you to move your
/usr/bin/demofor easy system wide installations.
- Fix: Resolving absolute paths to
- Feature: Packages can now also be cloned from any git URLs (#9), like this:
$ phar-composer build https://github.com/clue/phar-composer.git
The above will clone the repository and check out the default branch.
You can also specify either a tag or branch name very similar to how composer works:
$ phar-composer build https://github.com/clue/phar-composer.git:dev-master
- Feature: Packages listed on packagist.org can now automatically be downloaded and installed
prior to generating phar (#7), like this:
$ phar-composer build clue/phar-composer
The above will download and install the latest stable tagged release (if any).
You can also specify a tagged version like this:
$ phar-composer build clue/phar-composer:0.1.*
Or you can specify to install the head of a given branch like this:
$ phar-composer build clue/phar-composer:dev-master