2016 National Day of Civic Hacking St. Petersburg
Code for Tampa Bay National Day of Civic Hacking St. Petersburg 2016 resources. More info and resources are in the Wiki.
- St. Pete National Day of Civic Hacking
- June 4, 2016 8am to 8pm
- The Iron Yard - 260 1st Ave S Suite 300. St. Petersburg, FL
- [Participant Info - Update 1] (https://github.com/code-for-tb/2016-NDCH-St-Pete/wiki/Participant-Info)
- [Participant Info - Update 2] (https://github.com/code-for-tb/2016-NDCH-St-Pete/wiki/Participant-Info-Part-2)
- [Post Event Note - June 5, 2016] (https://github.com/code-for-tb/2016-NDCH-St-Pete/wiki/Post-Event-Note)
- Event Web Page: http://codefortampabay.org/pages/NDCHStPete
- [St. Pete National Day of Civic Hacking GitHub Wiki] (https://github.com/code-for-tb/2016-NDCH-St-Pete/wiki) for full event details and resources
- You can also bring your own project ideas, or choose from among the [National Day of Civic Hacking federal challenges] (https://github.com/code-for-tb/2016-NDCH-St-Pete)
####Support Our Schools A project of the St. Petersburg office of Education and Community Engagement We’ll be working to build a digital platform that provides an easily accessible mode of communication to inform the public about the critical social services relating to successful educational outcomes in the City of St. Petersburg. The project has the secondary goal of connecting providers and resources with the segment of the population with the greatest need. Parents and students would be able to use this tool to find resources related to mentoring, tutoring, mental health counseling, and medical care. Conversely, mentors, tutors, and other service providers should be able to use this tool to volunteer their services.
####Healthy St. Pete Initiative This project aims for the creation of an application designed for health care providers and social workers to better address food insecurity by showing food banks, pantries, and meal providers, showing accessibility along bus routes and other common routes and gathering places
####Economic Landscape App The challenge here is to create an application that allows users to search by zip code on different areas to help determine current social and economic indicators of community health based on sales tax, crime data, area business classifications, community health issues or trends, and educational outcomes, which can also function as a predictive technology to determine how improvements or changes in one or more of these classifications may effect the economic landscape of the area over time. Maybe call this the Economic Butterfly Effect app!
####Map Jam 3.0 We'll also be aggregating resources to Map Tampa Bay! as part of #MapJam 3.0 happening this week as part of Global Sharing Week . #MapJam 3.0 builds upon past campaigns, during which hundreds of mappers came together in nearly 100 cities to map public resources. Our Map Jam in St. Pete will be the first one in Florida, and we're happy to join in the creation of a global open source sharing map linking all of the local maps together.
St. Pete's National Day of Civic Hacking is made possible by the generous support of these fine organizations:
- St. Petersburg Greenhouse
- The Iron Yard Tampa Bay
- Eureka! Factory