covid19-eu-data is a dataset repository for COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 cases in Europe. We pull data from official government websites regularly using the open-source scripts inside the repository.
If you would like to help or track the progress of this project, checkout our roadmap.
Workflow status by countries:
The tabular data files are located in
dataset folder. The folder
dataset/daily holds the daily updates in each country.
The metadata for the tabular data is found in
Some of the countries publish more than simple tabular data. We cache the files in
The scripts that are being used to update the data are located in
scripts folder. Most of the scripts require the
utils.py module to run. Create a new environment and run
pip install -r requirements.txt to install the requirements.
The workflows that update the dataset are defined in
.github/workflows. The python scripts are scheduled to run on GitHub Actions.
- We started tracking the recovered population and the deaths on 2020-03-13.
- Only PDF files of the records are downloaded.
- For technical reasons, no data was transmitted from Hamburg on March 25th, 2020.
- France stopped updating the case tables on the webpage on 2020-03-26. We went back to the PDF files.
- NL doesn't publish the time of the data release. We use 00:00 of the day to denote the release time though it doesn't indicate the actual update time.
- In the first few days of reporting (before 2020-03-11), data of England is not always a number. To solve this problem, we added two columns,
cases_upper, to reflect the range of the number of cases.
- England switched to ArcGIS later. We are downloading the CSV file directly.
- Wales stopped publishing detailed data on 2020-03-17.
Northern Ireland does not publish detailed data.
- The data source also provides the whole time-series data. Set the
scripts/download_it.pyto redownload all dates.
Bugs and requests: PRs are welcome.
Telegram Channel (in Chinese): 新冠肺炎欧洲中文臺