Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Common issues and reporting
Most issues can be fixed by downloading a fresh installer, and updating your chroot:
- Remove any existing installer from your
- Fetch a fresh installer: https://goo.gl/fd3zc
- Open a crosh shell (Ctrl-Alt-T, then type
- Figure out the name of your chroot(s). If you do not know,
sudo edit-chroot -a(on recent enough crouton), or
sudo ls /usr/local/chrootswill provide you with a list of chroot names.
- Run an update:
sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -n chrootname -u, where
chrootnameis the name of your chroot, make sure there are no errors.
- Reboot: shutdown completely and restart.
- Try starting your chroot again.
If the problem still occurs:
- Check existing issues if your problem has already been reported. If you are not 100% sure this is the same issue, open a new one, it's easier for the devs to mark an issue as duplicate than keeping track of 2 issues under the same thread.
- Open a new issue. Be sure to include:
- The exact command you run
- At least the last 20 lines of output
- Any error in the update process above
- The output of
sudo enter-chroot -n chrootname croutonversion, where
chrootnameis the name of your chroot (see above).