- Immediate search access to local and distributed geospatial catalogues
- Uploading and downloading of data, graphics, documents, pdf files and any other content type
- An interactive Web Map Viewer to combine Web Map Services from distributed servers around the world
- Online editing of metadata with a powerful template system
- Scheduled harvesting and synchronization of metadata between distributed catalogs
- Support for OGC-CSW 2.0.2, ISO 1911x and DCAT-AP metadata profiles, OAI-PMH, SRU protocols
- Fine-grained access control with group and user management
- Multi-lingual user interface
The GeoNetwork Manual and Online Help are included in the
docs/manual folder. This content is compiled into html pages during a release for a publishing on docs.geonetwork-opensource.org website.
The online help is compiled into html pages during a release and is included in the
war web archive.
Developer documentation located in
README.md files in the code-base:
- General documentation for the project as a whole is in this README.md
- Software Development Documentation provides instructions for setting up a development environment, building GeoNetwork, compiling user documentation, and making a releases.
- Module specific documentation can be found in each module: