Gephi Plugins Bootcamp
The Gephi Plugins Bootcamp is the best sources of examples and good practices to create all types of plug-ins (layout, filter, io, visualization, ...). Consult the Javadoc to discover the different APIs. Documentation is also available on the Gephi Plugins repository.
Complete list of the plug-ins examples included in the bootcamp:
- Place all nodes in a simple grid. Users can configure the size of the area and the speed.
Sorted Grid Layout
- Same example as Grid Layout but users can sort nodes with an attribute column.
Transform to Undirected
- Edge filter to remove mutual edges in a directed graph.
- Keep the top K nodes using an attribute column.
Remove Edge Crossing
- Example of a complex filter implementation which removes edges until no crossing occurs.
- Tool with a autocomplete text field to find any node based on labels and zoom by it.
- Listen to mouse clicks and adds nodes. Also adds edges if selecting other nodes.
- Vectorial export to the JPG image format. Contains a settings panel to set the width and height.
SQLite Database Export
- Current graph export to a SQLite Database file. A new sub-menu is added in the Export menu and an example of a custom exporter is shown.
Highlight Mutual Edges
- Colors differently mutual edges. Overwrites and extends the default edge renderer.
- Adds a new renderer for node items which draws a glow effect around nodes.
- Extends the default node builder by reordering the node items by size or any number columns. Also shows how to create complex Preview UI.
Square shaped nodes
- Demonstrates how to extend and replace a default renderer. Extends node default renderer to support square shaped nodes.
- Matrix Market Importer
- File importer for the Matrix Market format.
- Example of a statistics result at the global level. Simply counts the number of self-loop edges in the graph.
Average Euclidean Distance
- Example of a per-node calculation. For a given node it calculates the average distance to others.
- Hello world generator which creates a two nodes network.
- Shows how to create a continuous generator using threads.
- Table cell action that shows an interactive sparkline of a number list or dynamic number.
Convert column to dynamic
- Column action that replaces a column with its dynamic equivalent with a defined interval.
Invert row selection
- General action (plugin) that inverts the current table row selection.
Equal values merge strategy
- Column merge strategy that creates a new boolean column with values indicating if the two given columns have the same value.
Set node(s) color
- Nodes action that edits the color of one or more nodes
- Simple action which display a message and a dialog.
Remove self loops
- Action which accesses the graph and remove self-loops, if any.
Using Progress and Cancel
- Action which creates a long task and execute it with progress and cancel support.
Execute at startup
When UI is ready
- Do something when the UI finished loading.
Workspace select events
- Do something when a workspace is selected.
- Initial Position
- Set up the nodes' initial position always the same. It calculates a hash with all nodes so the X/Y position is randomized always in the same way.
- New panel
- Example of a new panel plugin set up at the ranking position.