This repository is an out of the box development environment for Gephi plugins. It contains the latest stable version of Gephi modules so you can run a development version of Gephi in seconds. Checkout the Bootcamp for examples of the different type of plugins you can create.
Branches contains Gephi Plugins supported by the core team:
Follow the steps to get the right development environment for developing Gephi plug-ins.
- Download and install the latest version of Netbeans IDE.
Fork and checkout the latest version of this repository:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:username/gephi-plugins.git
Start Netbeans and Open Project. This folder is automatically recognized as a module suite.
- Right click on the project and select 'Run'. This starts Gephi.
You can also run Gephi from the command-line using the 'ant run' command.
- In Netbeans, expand the '''Gephi Plugins''' project and right-click on Modules. Select '''Add New...'''
- Enter the plugin name: '''MyFirstPlugin''' and click '''Next'''.
- In the next panel, enter a unique codebase name, for instance '''org.myname.myfirstplugin''' and click '''Finish'''.
- In the Netbeans Project tree, you should see now your module '''MyFirstPlugin'''. Expand it to find its Source Package. Here you will place your code.
- Right-click on your plugin project '''MyFirstPlugin''' and select '''Properties'''.
- Select '''Display''' on the left panel and fill '''Display Category''', '''Short Description''' and '''Long Description'''.
- Select '''Packaging''' on the left panel and fill '''License''', '''Homepage''' (if exists) and '''Author''' information.
- Click on OK to validate changes.
When you successfully tested your plugin, it's time to create a release. Verify that you have latest updates of Gephi JARs:
Pull latest changes:
git checkout master git pull git checkout mybranch
Test your plugin again in case of an update. If it's okay:
- Right-click on the project and select '''Package As''' and then '''NMBs'''.
- Go to the '''build''' folder and find the created '''plugin-release.zip''' file. Individual NBM files (one per each module) are packaged in this zip.
Now you can publish you plugin on the Gephi Plugin portal.