Join GitHub today
GlobaLeaks's Developer Documentation
GlobaLeaks is an open-source, free software intended to enable secure and anonymous whistleblowing initiatives developed by the Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights.
The following sections form the GlobaLeaks's Developer Documentation.
For the user manual refer to the GlobaLeaks's User Manual.
The security and anonymity features built into GlobaLeaks:
- Threat Model - an overview of GlobaLeaks with regards to security considerations.
- Application Security Design and Details
- Operating System Security - protective features applied by GlobaLeaks.
- Encryption - protect of data in GlobaLeaks
- Penetration Tests - all PT and Security Audits performed against GlobaLeaks
- Security Awareness - Tips and privacy warnings in the user interface
Consult first the Glossary and familiarise yourself with the terms used. For a general understanding of the project, you can read the GlobaLeaks Project Plan. A deeper understanding of GlobaLeaks' architecture can be attained by reading Architecture Document.
For Italian Audience, an article to the Rules that Public Agencies must follows to modify GlobaLeaks and redistribuite the modification: Regole di Riuso a cui devono attenersi le Pubbliche Amministrazioni che modificano il software di Whistleblowing GlobaLeaks
Software Development Guidelines
If you plan to contribute to the development of GlobaLeaks, the following setup and style guides is suggested reading:
- How to setup a GlobaLeaks development environment
- Code styles guidelines for Backend development
- Code styles guidelines for Client development
To read more about how translation works and how you can help, visit the Localization Lab's translator guide.
|Branch||Build status||Browser compatibility|
The Release Procedure outlines preparation and publishing of new versions of GlobaLeaks.
GlobaLeaks releases are archived in our official deb repository: deb.globaleaks.org
GlobaLeaks is free software released under the GNU Affero General Public License v3.
GlobaLeaks makes use of a plethora of other free software projects. For a list of software used in GlobaLeaks refer to the Technology Selection.
Open Technology Fund Project
This page following page lists the monthly reports concerning the state of advancement of GlobaLeaks during the period financed by the OTF Project – July 2014 to January 2016 and OTF Project 2017-2018 (ongoing).
Radio Free Asia Freedom 2 Connect Grant
The following page lists the monthly reports concerning the state of advancement of GlobaLeaks during the period financed by the Freedom 2 Connect Grant – June 2012 to April 2013