Useful resources for creating Progressive Web Apps
Inspired by the awesome list thing.
What is a Progressive Web App ?
A Progressive Web App uses modern web capabilities to deliver an app-like user experience. They evolve from pages in browser tabs to immersive, top-level apps, leveraging the web's low friction.
Table of contents
- A selection of Progressive Web Apps
- A fresher selection of Progressive Web Apps
- Chrome Developer Summit
- Currency Converter
- Demo PWA
- Expense Manager
- Firefox Platform Status
- Flipkart Lite (eng blog post, case study)
- GitHub Explorer
- Google I/O
- GPA Calculator
- Housing Go
- Meat Scope
- Memory Game PWA
- Paytm Lite
- PokeQuest Wiki
- Polymon by Polymer
- Progressive Beer
- QR Code Scanner
- React HN
- Smaller Pictures
- Topple Trump!
- Uber Web
- Washington Post
- Web Bluetooth (Intel® Edison) demo
- Web NFC enabled shopping cart
- X Sound
- Resume Nation
- A progressive Web application with Vue JS, Webpack & Material Design [Part 1 / 6] by @charlesBochet and @KevinJean17
- Codelabs to build PWAs with Polymer 2.0
- Getting started with Progressive Web Apps by @addyosmani
- Google Developers - Progressive Web Apps
- Progressive Web Apps with React.js - 4 part series by @addyosmani
- Retrofit an Existing Website as a Progressive Web App
- Service Worker Cookbook - Mozilla
- SmashingMag’s Service Worker script, fully documented
- Web Powered SMS Inbox with Service Worker: Push Notifications
- Introducing Pokedex.org: a progressive webapp for Pokémon fans
- A Tinder Progressive Web App Performance Case Study
- Progressive web apps have leapfrogged the native install model ... but challenges remain/
- What Progressive Web Apps Mean for the Web
- The web app "discovery problem"
- Are Progressive Web Apps the Future?
- Service Worker - Revolution of the Web Platform
- Service Workers: Dynamic Responsive Images using WebP Images
- Is Service Worker ready?
- Progressive Web Apps: Escaping Tabs Without Losing Our Soul
- Progressive Web App: A New Way to Experience Mobile
- Support for theme-color in Chrome 39 for Android
- Installable Web Apps with the WebApp Manifest in Chrome for Android
- FLIP your animations
- IndexedDB, WebSQL, LocalStorage – what blocks the DOM?
- Say Hello to Offline First
- Swift Migration to Progressive Web App
- What, Exactly, Makes Something A Progressive Web App?
- PWA Performance
- The Building Blocks Of Progressive Web Apps
- Integrating Progressive Web Apps deeply into Android
- Is PWA ready on Chinese browser?
- How I built a Progressive Beer App
- Progressive Web Apps: the future of Apps
- Progressive web apps and what's next for mobile
- Interview with Google Software Engineer Alex Russell - O'Reilly Fluent Conference 2016
- Progressive Web Apps (Chrome Dev Summit 2015)
- Building and deploying a Progressive Web App at scale with Flipkart (Chrome Dev Summit 2015)
- Building Progressive Web Apps with Polymer (Chrome Dev Summit 2015)
- Progressive Web Apps and What's Next for Mobile
- Progressive Web Apps with Alex Russell
- Building a Progressive Web App - Aditya Punjani
- The Service Worker is Coming - Look Busy (vid)
- The applied science of runtime performance (vid)
- Breaking the 1000ms Time to Glass Mobile Barrier (vid)
- Search and the mobile content ecosystem - Google I/O 2016
- The Mobile Web: State of the Union - Google I/O 2016
- Building the Google I/O Web App: Launching a Progressive Web App on Google.com - Google I/O 2016
- Polymer and Progressive Web Apps: Building on the modern web - Google I/O 2016
- Great libraries and tools for great Progressive Web Apps - Google I/O 2016
- Angular 2 and Progressive Web Apps - Google I/O 2016
- Fireside Chat with the Progressive Web Apps Crew - Google I/O 2016
- Progressive, Performant, Polymer: Pick Three - Google I/O 2016
- Progressive Web Apps on Firebase - Google I/O 2016
- Progressive Web Apps across all frameworks - Google I/O 2016
- Instant Loading: Building offline-first Progressive Web Apps - Google I/O 2016
- AMP + Progressive Web Apps: Start fast, stay engaged - Google I/O 2016
- Service workers at scale with Facebook and Flipkart - Google I/O 2016
- Houdini: Demystifying the Future of CSS - Google I/O 2016
- Who are you, really: Safer and more convenient sign-in on the web - Google I/O 2016
- Fast and resilient web apps: Tools and techniques - Google I/O 2016
- Building for billions on the web - Google I/O 2016
- Opening Keynote (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: The Web Developers swarm! (Progressive Web Apps Summit 2016)
- Instant-loading Offline-first (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: Checking in with Paul Lewis and Jake Archibald (Progressive Web Apps Summit 2016)
- Mythbusting HTTPS (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: Talking HTTPS with Emily Schechter (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Instant loading with HTTP/2 (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: Why's it called a Progressive Web App? (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Deep Engagment with Push Notifications (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: What do I need to know about HTTP2? (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- UI Elements at 60fps (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: Progressive Web Apps for any occassion! (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Progressive Web Apps in any context (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: Making Progressive Web Apps accessible, at scale! (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Putting the Progressive in Progressive Web Apps (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: Reach, acquisition and conversion (Progressive Web Apps Summit 2016)
- Using Web Components to Build PWAs (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Summit Report: Building for billions with Progressive Web Apps (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- To the Lighthouse (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Building for Billions (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Tools for Success (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- The Future of Progressive Web Apps (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Konga (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Samsung internets progressive web app commitment (Progressive Web App Summit 2016)
- Polymer Summit 2016 Youtube Playlist
- PWA Training Course 2017 Playlist with Sarah Clark, Google Developers India
sw-precache: A node module to generate service worker code that will precache specific resources
sw-toolbox: A runtime caching library
platinum-sw-register: handles service worker registration for Polymer applications
offline-plugin: Offline plugin (ServiceWorker, AppCache) for webpack (http://webpack.github.io/)
serviceworkerware: An Express-like layer on top of ServiceWorkers to provide a way to easily plug functionality
msgr: Nifty service worker/client message utility
UpUp: Makes sure your users can always access your site's content, even when they're on a plane, in an elevator, or 20,000 leagues under the sea
fetch-sync: Proxy Fetch requests through the Background Sync API
FetchManifest: Fetch a parsed manifest from a manifest or site URL (online service)
fetch-manifest-json: Fetch the
mainfest.jsonfrom an URL.
manifest-json: CLI tool for creating
PWAify: CLI tool to convert your PWA into a cross-platform desktop app.
Manifest Generator: This simple page will generate the manifest file for you.
sw-delta: An incremental cache for the web.
DSW: Generate your Service Worker dynamically, webmanifest, rules for requests, redirects, etc.
sw-precache-webpack-plugin: SW Precache Webpack Plugin
serviceworker-webpack-plugin: Simplifies creation of a service worker to serve your webpack bundles.
serviceworker-rails: Plugin to integrate Service Worker with the Rails asset pipeline.
Angular Mobile Toolkit: Tools for building progressive web apps with Angular.
Web Starter Kit: A workflow for multi-device websites.
Progressive Web Application skeleton: A simple set of skeleton files for shipping a Progressive Web App.
pwabuilder: All the tools you need to build and deploy your Progressive Web Apps.
pwa-starter-kit: Starter templates for building PWAs