Adds "quality-of-life" features to NextDNS website to make the experience of managing lists, domains, logs, etc. more practical.
⚠ This project is discontinued and won't receive more updates.
Allow/Deny buttons in the logs that make it possible to add an exception or block a domain without needing to copy, switch pages, and paste.
You can either add the respective domain or the whole root domain, or even edit the domain if you want.
Ability to specify domains that should be hidden from the logs
You can either manually input domains, or click on the "Hide" button, alongside the Allow/Deny buttons, which lets you hide domains with few clicks. Read more
Ability to load only the logs that happened before a specified date-time
Option to show only queries from unnamed devices
Refine a search with multiple search terms or exclusion terms
You can specify as many terms as you need. Read more
An option to show the number of entries currently loaded, visible or hidden by filters
Show the query's absolute time (HH:MM:SS) along with the relative time ("a minute ago", "few seconds ago")
Relative time that counts minutes, then hours, and goes up to "Yesterday"
A refresh button
Ability to add a description to each domain in the allow/denylists. Read more
Ability to add a list of domains, instead of one by one
Sort the allow/deny lists alphabetically, and styling options for an easier quick reading, such as: lighten subdomains, bold root domain and right-align.
Ability to export/import all settings from/to a config. Read more
Collapse the list of blocklists enabled and adds a button to unhide them if needed
Sort alphabetically the list of blocklists in the "Add a blocklist" screen
Collapse the list of added TLDs
A button that allows you to add every TLD in the "Add a TLD" screen in one click.
How to install
Click the button above that matches your browser, install then confirm installation. If you are using a Chromium-based browser, like Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, and others, use the Chrome Web Store link.
You also have the option of using the userscript version, but it works only in Chrome, in Firefox it works partially. Also, keep in mind that the userscript is discontinued, so it won't receive any updates. For more information and instructions, read here.
NX Enhanced was tested in Firefox and Chrome. It should work fine in pretty much any browser that accepts Firefox or Chrome extensions, although I didn't tested them.
Bug reports, suggestions and questions
In case you experience any problem with NX Enhanced, or you want to make suggestions, you are encouraged to post a new issue on the Issues section. Any feedback is welcome, appreciated and encouraged. If you have any questions you can start a new discussion in the Discussions section.
How to contribute
If you would like to contribute with code, pull requests are welcomed. :)
If you can't code, but still want to contribute, you can do so by making a donation.
If you don't have funds to donate, but still want to contribute, you can do so by spreading the word about NX Enhanced on the web or to your acquaintances, giving feedback, rating the extension and posting a review.
- You can view the code, download copies to your devices, install, run, use the features and uninstall this software.
- You can modify your downloaded copy as you like, although it's recommended that you suggest this modification to be included in the original, so all users can benefit.
- You can suggest changes, new features or fixes, either by opening issues or by doing pull requests.
- You can open or participate in issues and discussions, give feedback and rate this project.
- Feel free to refer to NX Enhanced, just make sure to include a link to this project's repository homepage (https://github.com/hjk789/NXEnhanced).
- You can make a fork of this project, provided that: 1. You fork it inside GitHub, by clicking on the "Fork" button or the "Edit this file" button of this project's repository web page; and 2. You fork it in order to push changes to this project's repository with a pull request. If you don't fit in these conditions, don't fork it, "Star" it instead. Any contributed code is owned by the repository owner, BLBC. The credits for the contributed code goes to the contributor.
- You cannot do any other action not allowed in this license.
I, BLBC, have no association with NextDNS Inc., I'm just a user of their DNS service who needed the features NX Enhanced provides. NX Enhanced is a completely voluntary and unnoficial work. Neither I, nor NextDNS Inc., are responsible for any damage or leak, directly or indirectly related to the use or misuse of this software. The responsibility is completely on it's users. Use it at your own risk. There are no warranties, either implied or stated.
Copyright (c) 2020+ BLBC (hjk789)