Sphero's BB8 droid The droid you've been looking for.
Now even better with a python API library!
Use "sudo hcitool lescan" to find BB8's MAC address
input it at "
deviceAddress =" (line 244) in the Sphero class in BB8_driver.py
A simple program that connects to BB8 and flashes the internal RGB LED red to green to blue. You can take it a step further and add
bb8.roll commands to make him move using the API.
BB8joyDrive.py requires PyGame library
Allow you to drive BB8 with a joystick/gamepad. Shows on screen feedback of analog stick as well as speed and heading Currently setup for a Xbox 360 controller.
- Left analog stick controls BB8's movement, much the like app!
- Holding the Left trigger stops BB8.
- Tapping the Left bumper changes BB8's heading - used to calibration.
- Holding the Right bumper turns on BB8's blue 'tail light' to aid in calibration.
Adapted the sphero driver library from: https://github.com/mmwise/sphero_ros/tree/groovy-devel/sphero_driver/src/sphero_driver
Used the bluetooth 'stuff' from: https://gist.github.com/ali1234/5e5758d9c591090291d6
TODO: Tie in the btle handleNotifcations to Sphero response API
- getting sensor info, command responses, etc. back from BB8